Senior Back End Engineer
ChaiOne is looking for Engineers with passion, who love solving problems and embrace creativity. We’re a close-knit team that thrives on collaboration and camaraderie, and we are looking for someone excited about joining that kind of culture. We are all geeks at heart who are passionate about technology and the efficiencies it can create for our lives, and looking for someone just as passionate as we are!
If you’re interested, take a look at our ideal candidate as listed below.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining Rails applications for consumer-facing sites, back-end service, internal applications, and APIs.
- Working hands-on with our project managers, designers, and clients to implement their solutions.
- Developing engaging apps that solve problems.
Your experience includes:
- Working knowledge of Ruby and Rails.
- Working knowledge of Rubygems and Bundler.
- Demonstrated experience in web application development.
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS.
- Proficiency with Mac OS X or Linux.
- Working with a Ruby version manager such as RVM or rbenv.
- Rails deployment.
- Working with Heroku.
- Working with AWS.
- An understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Working with Git or Subversion for source control.
- A degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of professional experience OR 6+ years of professional experience.
ChaiONE believes that our employees are what make us as successful as we are. We focus heavily on employee culture as a priority, and that means that adding a new member to our team isn’t taken lightly. Please review the requirements that we look for in a ChaiONE employee.
You hope to:
- Be at the leading edge of mobile app development and UX design
- Have a flexible, informal and social work environment
- Utilize your talents in helping manage office operations
- To be part of a dynamic team and learn from some of the best creative minds
You’re able to:
- Multi-task with ease in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrate office operations capabilities with keen attention to detail
- Using good judgment, produce high quality work under little supervision
- Collaborate using multiple means of communication and tools
- Self-start and are a quick learner when adapting to new tools
- Impact and contribute to the quality of our environment
You’re motivated by:
- Talented teammates and thought leaders in a creative and dynamic work place
- Continuing technology and innovation
- Great benefits: Bonus plan, 401K Match, Conference days, Health, Vision, Dental insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Great Culture: Collaborate, fun, breakfast club, Beer tasting, company events, & wearing comfortable attire
- Houston TX, Austin TX or Remote any city